In this article we will explain how to install Roblox. As well as addressing the main common issues many players face. When installing the game on their devices for the first time.
Roblox is one of the most popular multiplayer games in the world along with Minecraft. However, many players complain about certain issues that are very common when installing Roblox. And which the official game page does not specify. Because of this problem, we have compiled a number of solutions to the most typical problems that typically occur when installing Roblox for the first time.
First, you should know about Lag, a term that is used when a game seems to be slowing down or pulling. Consequently, it makes the gaming experience unsatisfactory. Lag is the most common symptom that something is usually failing to connect to the internet or your own device has little capacity.
How to troubleshoot graphics problems in Roblox
Graphics cards play an important role in 3D games like Roblox. Keep in mind that you cannot play games with decent graphics if you do not have a graphics card at an acceptable level.
Suppose your game is constantly slowing down. So you need to check out Roblox’s graphics level as well as the graphics card specifications. If your graphics card is old and does not have much power, you will need to lower the graphics level of the game.
Just click on the escape link to choose the menu while playing. You can now change Roblox’s graphics level and set it to a lower level. If graphics is set to “Auto Mode“. Then you need to change it to “Manual“, only then you can make the necessary changes.
Note that having lower graphics will reduce some of the image quality of your characters and game scenarios. But removing this drawback by lowering the graphics means your PC will work less to render the game. This way you will be able to play Roblox without any delays or slowness.
In case of lag or connection issues, try the following steps that we will show you below:
- Open Roblox Studio, click “Studio” and go to Tools> Settings (System UI Menu) or File> Settings (RibbonBar UI).
- Later, click the small icon in the left column of the window that is open to you.
- Click on “OK“.
- Now adjust your graphics level manually in the “Quality level” setting.
- Last but not least, you need to thoroughly check the features that are consuming unnecessary space on your PC. This can also cause your Roblox to slow down. If you want to know more about how to remove open processes on your PC that consume more RAM. I recommend the following article – How Do I Find Out What Program Is Using All My CPU?.
Troubleshoot connection problems in Roblox
- Roblox has problems with or fails to load online games, sometimes it shows the player an error message (which may include “Could not connect” or “ID error = 17”).
- Screen loading on the website takes a long time or never finishes loading.
- The player can visit games in Build or Edit modes, but not in Play mode.
- The games tell you randomly that they have closed.
This will happen due to the firewall, the slow Internet connection / Big Game, the Game / empty place and the game / bad place. If this method does not work properly either. Please try another step we provide below.
- Make sure you are using a compatible and up-to-date version of your browser to play Roblox.
- Reset the Internet option (Windows only).
- Open Internet Explorer (specifically this browser)
- Open Gear Icon> Internet Options
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset button.
- Quit Internet Explorer
- Try again
- Check the security settings of your browser.
- Check the wireless connection
- Remove / Disable and Ad-Blocker Browser Add-ons
- Verify that the appropriate doors are open.
- Configure your firewall or router.
- Reinstall Roblox.
Hardware and operating system requirements
Now let’s tell you the minimum system requirements to play Roblox. If you have trouble playing, the most normal thing is that you have to upgrade your PC. Read this support article to understand the system requirements for mobile phones and PCs.
- PC / Windows: Roblox will be installed on Windows XP; however, for optimal performance we suggest Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10. For Windows 8 / 8.1 you will need to run Roblox in Desktop mode because Metro mode (the tiled boot interface) not currently allowed.
- Mac and IOS: Roblox will be installed at 10.7 (Lion) and above – and only on Intel Mac. Click here to see all requirements.
- Linux: Roblox does not work with Linux.
- Android: Click here to understand the system requirements for Roblox Android.
- Chrome OS: Chrome OS version 53 or higher is required, and you must first enable the Google Play Store on your gadget.
Note: Roblox video recording capability only works on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, and Windows 10. Recently released S.O.s or editions published before S.O.s may not be immediately supported.
Graphics card: Roblox requires DirectX 9 minimum and Shader Model 2.0. To get the most outstanding performance, we suggest a PC less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card or a laptop less than 3 years old with a video card inside.
Processor: Roblox suggests having a recent processor (2005+) with a clock agility of 1.6 Ghz or higher. There were some drawbacks with older AMD processors.
RAM or memory: Roblox suggests that you have at least 1 GB of memory on PCs running Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. At least 512 Mb of memory is suggested for Windows XP.
Storage space: Roblox suggests that you have at least 20 Mb of system hosting space to arrange Roblox.
Roblox suggests a network connection of at least 4-8 Mb/s. In larger homes, a stronger bandwidth is suggested.